- You want to make history.
- You want nonhuman animals to have legal rights both in the United States and abroad.
- You have at least 12 years of litigation experience, including substantial first-chair trial experience and appellate work.
- You have extensive experience in civil rights, human rights, or animal protection.
- You have excellent writing skills. Published law review articles and/or books are a plus, but not necessary.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills.
- You work well remotely on long-term complex legal projects.
- You have experience managing staff and volunteers, especially on legal projects.
- You are admitted to practice law in at least one US jurisdiction.
This position requires a deep commitment to gaining personhood and legal rights for nonhuman animals and willingness to spend the time learning how to accomplish it.
New York City or Los Angeles residence is preferred but not required.
This is a remote position requiring some travel.
To apply, please send a letter of interest telling us why you want to work with the NhRP, along with a CV, both combined into a single PDF, to email@example.com. Please put your name in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.